With this recipe, I’m going with raw chia seeds with fresh &/or frozen raspberries. This can add flavour &/or taste to a smoothie, topping on some low fat ice cream or yogurt or as a jam breakfast spread.
Two (2) tablespoons of chia seeds have almost 10 grams of fibre. Diets high in fibre is also linked to weight loss. A diet which is rich in fibre is also the simplest way to loose weight.
* 250g fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
* 2 1/2 tbs caster sugar or (1 tbs maple syrup)
* 2 tsp thyme leaves
2 tbs chia seeds
* Combine raspberries and sugar (or maple syrup) in a bowl
* Mash with fork until roughly crushed
* Stir in thyme and chia seeds into raspberry mixture. Spoon into a sterilised jar and seal.
Please into fridge for up to 1 hour or until mixture thickens slightly. Chia/Jam can be stored in fridge for up to one (1) week.