There are two types of exfoliation methods – physical and chemical.
These are your scrubs (apricot, sugar and salt varieties). Brushes (motorized or other types) that do remove dead skin cells from your face.
They are very effective although making it easier to over use them in a way that they become quite harsh. eg. brushes &/or scrubs.
Common chemical exfoliating ingredients you may come across include AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) such as glycolic acid and lactic acid as well as BHA (beta hydroxy acids) including salicylic acid.
They might come in a medicated wash, like an acne cleanser that contains salicylic acid or as a serum or at-home peel that contains AHAs or BHAs.
The added benefit to this product is that it has several attachments, which I will be going into further:
- daily cleanser brush, better than by hand (white)
- the extra sensitive brush for sensitive skin & tested by Dermatologists (pink)
- exfoliation brush takes off dry and dead skin (blue)
- beauty sponge for even application of concealer or foundation
- 10 micro opening/tweezers,
- micro-vibration head for boost skins appearance
- fits in your handbag